"The best way to capture moments is to pay attention. This is how we cultivate mindfulness." – Jon Kabat-Zinn
- The difference between “doing” and “being”
- The foundational concepts of mindfulness: presence, acceptance, non-judgement
- How to focus on your breath and reconnect with your body
- How to notice and disengage from a negative mindset
- The skills to begin accepting thoughts and emotions without judgement
- How to cultivate self-compassion
Two groups will meet – one from 7 to 8:30 p.m. Mondays, Sept. 25 through Nov. 6, and one from 6:30 to 8 p.m. on Tuesdays, Sept. 26 through Nov. 7 – at The Village offices in Fargo. To sign up, call Kim Armbrust at 701-451-4900.
Please note: The Monday session is full. Registrations are being taken for the 6:30 to 8 p.m. Tuesday night group.