Signs of Financial Madness
Learn to avoid these signs of financial madness!
- You keep separate personal bank accounts so you can each spend your money the way you please.
- One of you has credit cards, debt obligations, or investments without the other's knowledge.
- One of you has a collection or hobby that requires significant financial resources and the other is not fully supportive.
- You make significant purchases without consulting each other.
- You make significant purchases even when your spouse strongly objects.
- One of you has no idea where your monthly incomes goes.
- One of you has no idea of your total debts or assets.
- One of you does not earn a paycheck, but must ask for permission to spend money from the spouse who does earn a paycheck.
- You and your spouse assign certain debts and certain savings to each other.
- One of you refuses to be accountable to a budget or savings plan.
– Jeremy L. White in "Christian Financial Concepts"