Our mission is urgent
Support from individuals like you is vital to provide mentors for children in your community. We know they need them. It isn’t easy being a kid these days. In these complex and confusing times, children need a caring adult to be a mentor and a friend – someone they can talk to, have fun with, and learn from. We can change the world ... with your help.
Our mentoring works
Kids with a Big Brother or Big Sister show real differences in their personal and academic lives. They are:
- More confident in their school performance
- Able to get along better with their families
- 52% less likely to skip school
Our facts are straightforward
92.2% of every dollar you give goes directly to making and supporting matches. The remainder covers overall program administration. Charity Navigator, the country’s premier independent charity evaluator, has awarded Big Brothers Big Sisters of America a 4-star “exceptional” rating for outstanding fiscal management for the fifth consecutive year. Donating will help to:
- Recruit new Big Brother and Big Sister volunteers
- Cover the costs of background checks and insurance, while ensuring trained professionals match children to caring and responsible Bigs
- Offer one-on-one, ongoing supervision and support for every match
- Provide cultural and social activities to enrich the opportunities for children
Empower a Little today
When you donate online to Big Brothers Big Sisters, you stand with children in the Fargo-Moorhead community. No matter how much you give, donating will empower the lives of young people in your community. Your donation will defend their potential.