A Love and Logic: Adults Supporting Youth with Challenging Pasts® group will be held from 5:30 to 7 p.m. Tuesdays, Jan. 17 through Feb. 21. The group will meet in-person at The Village Family Service Center's Moorhead office, 815 37th Ave S, Suite 100.
The group utilizes a trauma-informed curriculum to help parents, caregivers and others who serve children and teens who've experienced trauma. Participants will learn powerful insights into:
- How trauma affects the brain
- Why the intense and extremely upsetting behaviors seen in these kids represent attempts to self-protect and survive
- The science behind healthy attachment relationships and why such bonds form the foundation for emotional and neurological healing
- How to apply Love and Logic strategies so that adults can take good care of themselves while addressing root causes
- Establishing healthy boundaries, avoiding destructive power struggles, overcoming defiance, and guiding these youth toward success
Village Interns Courtenay Miedema and Eugenia Ester Caudra will lead participants through the interactive sessions.
The cost for the group is $240. Three Village EAP sessions may be used to cover the cost of the group.
To register and for more information, call 701-451-4811 or contact us online.