Doing Your Best Today | DBT Group for Adolescents
“Two opposite ideas can be true at the same time, and when considered together, can create a new truth and a new way of viewing a situation.” – DBT Skills Manual for Adolescents
Doing Your Best Today – a DBT Group for Adolescents at The Village Family Service Center in Moorhead – is an 11-week group for teenagers who are 13 to 17 years old and want to feel better about themselves, improve their relationships with others, and have more control over their emotions.
DBT is an effective treatment for people who have difficulty controlling their feelings and behaviors. It teaches new skills that help teens regulate their emotions, cope with frustrations, communicate effectively, and be more mindful, aware, and focused.
Upon completing the group, the goal is for participants to feel better equipped to deal with life’s challenges, more confident in their relationships, and aware of how their thoughts and feelings affect their behaviors.
Doing Your Best Today meets from 4 to 5:30 pm Thursdays at The Village Family Service Center, 815 37th Ave. S., Moorhead. The group is led by Village providers. Insurance is accepted.
To register, call 701-451-4811.
Is Doing Your Best Today right for me?
- Are you 13 to 17 years old?
- Is it hard for you to deal with frustrating situations?
- Do people tell you your reactions are out of proportion or extreme?
- Are you not always aware of what you are feeling, or why you get upset?
- Do fast, intense mood changes make it difficult for you to do the things you’d like to do?
- Are relationships difficult for you to maintain?
- Do you have low self-esteem, anxiety or depression?
- Is individual therapy not quite enough to help you improve?
If you answered yes to some or all of these questions, Doing Your Best Today may be a good fit. Contact us to learn more or to register.