Through services provided in the family's home, The Village's Intensive In-Home Family Therapy program helps parents navigate their children's needs, teaches them how to parent effectively, and works diligently to help families be successful, stay safe, and stay together.
Common issues addressed with families include:
- Parent-child conflict
- Child abuse and neglect
- Parenting skills
- Emotional/behavioral problems of child/adolescent
- Return of at-risk youth from out-of-home placement
In-Home Family Therapy at The Village Family Service Center operates on the belief that the best place to resolve family problems is within the context of the family's home and community. Programs are designed to offer concentrated, in-home, family-based therapy/counseling and support services to families who have at least one child at risk.
Typical In-Home Family Therapy services provided include:
- Family-based counseling and therapy
- Family strengths and risk assessment
- Crisis management
- Individual, couple, and family therapy
- Skill-building for children and adolescents
- Networking with other community agencies
- Information and referral
- We believe that families and communities have the capacity to raise healthy children.
- We further believe that families can be strengthened within the context of their homes and communities.
- We embrace the unique differences of individuals, families, and communities.
- We believe in the importance of working in partnership (collaboration) with individuals, families, and communities.
Providers can make a referral using our online referral form. For more information, contact The Village Family Service Center.
In-Home Family Therapy Testimonials
"Our son is troubled and we have had to ask for help many times. We wish we had gotten a fraction of the help from all the other places that we received from The Village. Our worker was so professional, courteous and knowledgeable. Yet he was not ashamed to go to others to help him understand this case. He took the information to several others. He never talked down to us or put us down and no one will ever know how important that is."
"Our therapist made us feel like some of the problems we were having with our teenage children were normal. She made us feel comfortable."
"My son's behavior improved and my worker helped me to be a better parent. We are a stronger family."
"I have learned how to deal with my son's temper tantrums more calmly and how to avoid having them grow bigger. My son's fits have decreased a great deal and he hasn't had a temper tantrum since."
"I am able to see much more clearly why my sons fight so much and what to do about it. I feel more hopeful that I'll be able to help my younger son with his anger."
"It was great to have the therapist come to our home. She did a great job at developing our strengths and helping us with our weaknesses."
"Working with the in-home therapist helped us communicate as a family. We have a better understanding of each others' feelings and have started to understand our own faults and how to improve them."
"No destructive and dangerous behaviors, no threats to harm self or others and less fighting – more peaceful, much better communication."